- 21/03/2020 10:48 PM
- 19/09/2019 3:33 PM
- 01/07/2019 4:45 PM
Two survivors found trapped under a container
PHNOM PENH - The death toll from a weekend building collapse in Sihanoukville climbed to 28 Monday as two survivors were pulled from the wreckage, rescuers said.
According to a video post on Prime Minister Hun Sen's Facebook page, the survivors were seen trapped under a container and transferred to the provincial hospital.
Earlier Monday, rescuers said about 75 percent of debris had been cleared from the Chinese construction site where the unauthorized seven-story building collapsed at around 4 a.m. on Saturday.
With up to 60 people believed to be sleeping in the building at the time, it was feared that many remained trapped and rescue efforts were continuing.